LIS 568: Group(s) Work

This semester, I joined a group: the Tech with Us Community on Facebook.
Every day, I get updates that keep me in touch with apps, ways to use apps I hadn't even considered, and success stories from educators who are experimenting with the technologies they have available to them. It's a digital space for people who just like us are looking to use the most recent and effective-- and let's not forget cheap or, even better, free!-- apps and sites.

Through this group I have learned that Chatterpix is very much like Blabberize and Voki; that there are a variety of read-aloud sites for children (Storyline Online is pretty cool), and that there are so many different ways to create end of year slideshows (Magisto, Animoto, Buncee, iMovie, and Adobe Spark came back as recommendations almost immediately).

I know, I know, I usually spend this blog post talking about one app in particular and how I can use it, but as this semester is winding down, I am finding how incredibly important it is to surround yourself with people from whom you can learn. PLCs are everywhere and the best of them welcome new members with enthusiasm. It is also a valuable feeling to realize that I know (a few) things that may help or inspire others, especially being the newbie that I am.



So here, I'm spending this time suggesting that you are sure to investigate a few groups yourself; check out Tech with Us or seek out another Professional Learning Community and network with others, find new inspiration using older tech or find out about some of the newest apps.

Comments

Popular Posts